A list of programs available can be found on the Summer Institute Websiteedit
Summer Institutes at UCLA offer the breadth and depth of UCLA’s academic rigor in an intensive, holistic format that allows you to share a unique hands-on learning experience.
- Summer Institute Application available April 1st
- Summer Institute Programs are NOT the same as the College Summer Institute. Students participating in the College Summer Institute should complete the general Summer Session Financial Aid Application
- Students pay a $150 non-refundable deposit
Financial Aid is available to UCLA students enrolled in summer sessions at another UC (including summer travel) as long as the program does not start before the end of UCLA’s academic year.
- Cross Campus Application is available between April 1 – 30 on MyUCLA. For priority funding consideration, we highly encourage students to fill out the application between .
- The Cross Campus Application is to be completed by UCLA students who are participating payday loans Kentucky in a summer program at another UC. This includes any summer travel programs through another UC or summer session courses at another UC.
- Student participation in non-UC programs through a Consortium Agreement are not eligible for Financial Aid.
Financial Aid is available to cover the costs of UC Washington Center Summer Program for UCLA students who are enrolled half time (6 units) or more while participating in the program. A Summer Aid application is not required. Financial Aid and Scholarships will receive a roster of participating students from the UCDC program coordinator. Please visit the UCDC Website for more program related information.
Education Abroad Programs (EAP)
Financial aid is available to cover the costs of the Education Abroad program for the UCLA students enrolled in the program. A summer aid application is not required. Financial Aid and Scholarships will receive a roster of participating students from the International Education Office. Please visit the International Education Office- EAP Program Website for program related information and the UC-EAP Section of the Financial Aid and Scholarships website.
Summer Aid Application Process
Summer is considered the first quarter of the academic year. If you wish to be considered for student aid during the summer, you must apply for aid for the academic year following the summer you are planning to attend . Please complete the FAFSA or DREAM application before the March 2nd priority application deadline.
Summer Aid Program Applications are available on MyUCLA. Application availability dates vary per summer program. Please refer to the Summer Programs Application Dates and Information section of this page or MyUCLA for information about application timelines.
If additional information is required in order to complete your application, a request will be posted on MyUCLA Financial Aid Document Tracking and an e-mail will be sent to notify you of the request.
Types of Summer Aid
Your summer award will cover your summer expenses (including fees and living expenses) and the amount of aid will be based on the number of sessions and the units you will take during the summer. Maximum consideration will be given to students who complete their FAFSA or DREAM and Summer Aid applications on time. Late summer applicants are not eligible for University Grant or Work-Study.
Financial Aid and Scholarships will start awarding for summer aid in May. If you apply on time, you will receive your summer Financial Aid Notification (FAN) by mid-June. We will notify you via e-mail when your summer FAN becomes available.
These funds are need based and do not have to be repaid. Summer grants are offered to undergraduate students only.
Federal Pell Grant: is awarded to students who file a FAFSA and do not exceed the Expected Family contribution range established by the US Department of Education. Award amounts will vary depending on a students Expected Family Contribution and unit enrollment.